Top 5 Habits Of My Most Successful Clients
I took sometime to reflect the other night, as I was asked a very hard question by an onboarding client. That question was, “what are the top habits of your most successful clients?” Not going to lie, this question totally caught me off guard because I actually never really sat back and thought about it. I’ve had the privilege to coach hundreds of amazing people over the past 4 years, and for those clients who followed and stuck to the game plan, well they had some great success. So as I dove into my past and current clients that have been absolutely crushing it, I was able to come up with, in my opinion, the top 5 habits that are making them successful on their fitness journey.
- They Eat Breakfast
- I am a HUGE breakfast person. I absolutely swear by it, as I firmly believe it sets you up for a day of success. Now I understand “fasting”, and why some believe that is best, but I won’t dive into that here. My top clients eat their breakfast each and everyday, and again I am a huge believer that breakfast not only sets the tone for the day but will allow you to eat better nutritionally for the other meals as well.
- They Drink A Lot of Water
- When any new client signs up for coaching, I do go over how much water I would like them to drink with each meal/ how much they should drink a day. Now of course, I’ll have some clients that don’t follow that super well, but for my clients that do, I can honestly say they have a much higher success rate. I can go on and on about the benefits of drinking a lot of water throughout the day, but to keep this short, I will hit the main points that my clients notice most.
- Better/ clearer skin
- Better performance/ energy
- Less joint pain
- They Take Walk Breaks
- These clients take short walk breaks (10-15 minutes) throughout the day. I am honestly a huge fan of this myself after I have breakfast and lunch, as these short walks really help keep you sharp, fresh, and on your game!
- They Unplug From “Tech"
- We live in a digital world these days, and it’s SO easy to get sucked up on your phone all day and night. But I have come to notice that these successful clients “unplug” at night before bed, resulting in them getting more quality sleep, as opposed to my clients who are up on their phones all night. There are tons of studies out there now that show how blue light (a type of short wavelength light commonly emitted by digital devices) can suppress the body's release of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate sleep.
- They Have Fallen In Love With Growth
- So this is honestly the top dog, and one that I was SO pumped to have realized and share with you all. On any fitness journey, you are going to have ups and downs. There will be periods of time where things get super hard. But these clients have learned to embrace those times of hardships, as they learn the most about themselves/ this process through them. They have adapted a “growth mindset”, where they are always seeking to become a better person no matter what. They ask questions, and truly WANT to learn. And most importantly, they have fallen in love with the process and have fallen in love with growth.
So there you have it! The top 5 habits of my most successful clients throughout the years. I promise you guys if you begin to adapt these traits yourself, you’ll start to see some great improvements in your own life. Hope this helps a few of you out, and please, if you have any questions, leave them in the comments below!