My Top Home Workout Tips
This year more than ever (I wonder why 🤣 ....), I’ve been getting a ton of questions pertaining to at home workouts and how to truly make them effective.
First and foremost, progress will not be lost if you’re productive. Establishing a home workout routine, purchasing dumbbells, resistance bands, and anything else you can get your hands on is the first step. But the next big step is the most important…. execution. Actually committing to these workouts and doing them is what is going to make you better and keep you progressing towards your goals. Cause at the end of the day, doing something is better than doing nothing!
Below are my top tips for Home Workouts:
- Treat it like your normal workouts. It’s meant to serve a purpose. Be intense and work your body to its limits, don’t take it lightly. If you want to stay on track, you need to continue to push.
- Use isometric holds, pause reps, and eccentrics. Isometric holds are in a non loaded position. Pause reps are great to tax the body with moderate weight. And eccentrics can intensify your reps and sets.
- Perform an extra set to turn it up a notch.
- Cut your rest periods in half. The more you can tax your cardiovascular system the better.
- Superset some exercises together if you don’t have heavy weight with you.
- Truly still take your sets till failure. Do it till you can’t perform the exercise anymore. You can still make this happen even with bodyweight exercises as well…. just keep those reps coming.
With the health issues going on right now you can still take care of yourself and make the most of being at home. This is a time to prove to yourself how bad you want it and come out stronger than you went in!
If you are looking for a Custom Home Workout Training Program, based on the equipment you have available at home, simply click here and fill out the form and I will be in touch ASAP.